Listen to my life…doo-wop, doo-wop
Life + music = soundtrack
Certain songs remind me of growing up. Others remind me of old cars and family vacations. Some make me think of my sh#*$y first boyfriend, and others remind me of when I threw vegetables and fruits at houses (Yeah. That was me.)
So, this is my soundtrack. I had to omit a few songs (AFI’s “…But Home in Nowhere,” No Doubt’s “Happy Now?,” Oasis’ “Cigarettes & Alcohol,” and Fiona Apple’s “Mistake”) because I wanted to keep the list under 30.
You’ll notice I don’t have any Vanilla Ice or New Kids on the Block (etc.) songs listed.
There’s a reason!
I grew up listening to 50s/60s music because my folks are a bit older than most parents of kids (err, I mean adults) my age. I know most every Beatles, Johnny Cash, Elvis, Everly Brothers, and Ricky Nelson song.
Here it is:
Abbie’s Gosh Darn Soundtrack
Day zero – Tom Sawyer – Rush
Yes. This is a horribly cheesy way to start the soundtrack. I, however, am horribly cheesy, so it works. I’m pretty sure the doctor who delivered me would’ve been standing in a power rock stance while he checked my vitals if this song was playing.
Rock (kind of) the cheese. Rock. It. Hard.
Now, without further explanation:
1. Spooky Little Girl Like You – The Zombies
2. Stuck in the Middle with You – Stealers Wheel
3. Lucky – Radiohead
4. Bucky Done Gun – MIA
5. Small Time Shot Away – Massive Attack
6. Insincere – The Dandy Warhols
7. Even Deeper – Nine Inch Nails
8. Fetisha – Orgy
9. Tomorrow Never Knows– The Beatles
10. I’m Designer – Queens of the Stone Age
11. All My Heroes are Weirdoes – !!!
12. Sissyneck – Beck
13. Enjoy the Silence – Depeche Mode
14. lieee – Tori Amos
15. Gallery Piece – Of Montreal
16. Universal Traveler – Air
17. Post Modern Sleaze – Sneaker Pimps
18. Pug – Smashing Pumpkins
19. Hollow Man, Parts 1 & 2 – Kula Shaker
20. Dominated Love Slave – Green Day
21. Androgyny – Garbage
22. When Will I be Loved – The Everly Brothers
23. Take You on a Cruise – Interpol
24. The Crow – Subtle
25. She’s Lost Control – Joy Division
26. Vulcan – Snake River Conspiracy
(I’m only 26 1/2, but I’m totally rounding up.)
27. Porcelain – Moby
Now with special bonus track: Pardon My Freedom – !!!
So, do you like my list? It’s amazing.
OK. Not really. The word amazing should be reserved for life saving acts of kindness, not a soundtrack for a 20-something out of work writer girl’s life.
Anyway. There you have it. Anybody want to share a few tracks from their soundtrack?